Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dear Summer: Please hurry


SR6web
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
Just a few weeks to go. A few more weeks of crazy, end of school year mayhem. Some of you know we booked a trip to Disneyworld this summer and are ticking off the days to get away. We're all exhausted by this time of the year. It's hard to keep up with three kids and all their functions, running Lisa on Location, and leading a couple of Girl Scout troops on top of it. It's also getting into the heart of wedding season so the engagement sessions and bridals are piling up and I don't have a free weekend between now and the end of May. Remember that commercial where the lady shouts "Calgon take me away"? I'm feeling the need to shout "Mickey Mouse take me away."

I had another full weekend to share. First I wanted to share a photo from an engagement session. Really great couple -- I can't wait until the wedding. I also got a chance to shoot the Girl Scouts Me and My Guy Dance. That was a lot of fun. I usually send Jayme and the girls off to this dance and get some one-on-one time with the boy. But this year I volunteered to shoot the formal portraits and donate the proceeds to SHARE -- an organization that provides the funds so every girl can enjoy Girl Scouting regardless of her ability to pay for uniforms and supplies. It was really a blast. I'd never had a chance to see all these dads, grandfathers, uncles, cousins or special role models cutting loose and dancing with their little girls. It was such a joy to see so many great dads and father figures.

Okay so another busy weekend is behind me. Next on the list, Girl Scouts NASA sleepover, garage sale, two weddings, two engagement sessions, at least half a dozen family sessions, dance recital, piano recital, family picnic, leader banquet, photo classes, and then --- Disneyworld here we come. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment