Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Life After People


oldtruck2web
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
I've always been a bit fascinated with the concept of Life After People, even before the new History Channel show. I had the concept to do a series of photos like this to show the demise of human belongings and places. Abandoned buildings overgrown with vines, empty shells of automobiles and weathered and beaten belongings are great photo subjects. This is one of the images that will be appearing on the walls of that restaurant I told you about the other week. My work on this project is winding down and I'm looking forward to the grand opening.

I had a most excellent bridal shoot this past weekend in Fredericksburg that almost didn't happen. Months of dry weather and absolutely no rain had spoiled us for expecting clear skies for outdoor photo shoots but just as we pulled into Fredericksburg, the skies opened up and began a continuous downpour of wet stuff that lasted for more than an hour. The bride was not very happy and almost sent me home without a single shot. But we waited until later in the day and when we made it out to the venue, we found a clear sky and an almost dry ground. I normally share the shots I get from a photo session here the week afterward, but this time the bride asked me to hold off until after wedding. It's bad luck for the groom to see the bride in her dress before the wedding and this is one snoopy groom who may just sneak a peak at my site. You'll find none of that here Mister John! Just wait until the proper time!

No comments:

Post a Comment