Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's a learning experience


PS Demo
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
I've been spending a lot of time at the computer lately and I've got the carpal tunnel syndrome to prove it. I thought I would share with you some of the things I've been learning.

When I first started my little photography business I had no intention of becoming skilled at Photoshop. I thought I'd just snap the shot and print it out maybe with a little color correcting or sharpening. But Photoshop has come a long way in the past few years and I must say I am impressed at how easy it is becoming to create works of art on the computer screen. I used these photos as a demonstration of some of the things I have learned to do with this program. This young girl is very beautiful -- as is obvious in the 'before' picture on top -- but I thought it would be fun to give her an angelic, dreamy look and I must say I'm happy with the end result. It's not perfect. I see some things in it that I'd like to change (I won't point them out) and I may still continue to do some fine tuning on this print. I have a hard time saying a photo is done and have been known to continue fine tuning and tweaking even after the final version has been presented to the client. I've become a bit of a Photoshop nerd and like to throw around terms like High Dynamic Range in casual conversation. My friends mock me. I'm okay with it.

In other news, I have some exciting photo sessions lined up this week and into this weekend. I put out a call for nursing moms and I got a lot of responses. I haven't been able to find very many portrait photographers who specialize in nursing mothers and I'd like to take the project on myself. I'll be posting the results next week. I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment