Friday, March 20, 2009

Workshops coming up

Today I signed up for a couple of workshops that I'm really excited about. The first is a "trash the dress" workshop in Brenham in a couple of weeks. I should get an opportunity to really have some fun and learn a few things. Trash the dress is a fairly new concept that involves taking a beautiful white wedding dress -- or any formal dress I suppose -- and then going out into the field and setting up some unusual shots that may end up getting the dress quite messy and dirty. The idea is that brides take these shots after the wedding when they no longer need their dress and aren't concerned about it getting "trashed".

The other is a bridal portrait workshop in Austin set for June. I'm really looking forward to that one because I've heard great things about this company and they have some really beautiful and dramatic bridal portraits on their website. I'm excited about getting into the line of wedding photography and I hope to learn a lot at this session.

In other news, I have a couple of photo shoots this weekend that I'm looking forward to. I hope to post a few pictures from them on my blog next week. I have some ideas to make some very romantic husband and wife portraits for these clients. Look for those soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment